The program of academic mobility gives the possibility for foreign students attend classes in one or two semesters at UDESC. The foreign student must study in a university which has an agreement with UDESC.
No proficiency certificate is required. However, students must have a good knowledge in Portuguese language to follow regular classes. The university has no programs and/or courses that are taught in English. In some graduate courses, professors offer part of the classes in English.
The College of Education Science offers Portuguese class for exchange students without any tuition fees or charges.
One semester or two, depending on the availability of student and the agreement with the home university.
For detailed information about UDESC academic calendar, please visit
UDESC / GRADUAÇÃO / CALENDÁRIO ACADÊMICO
Obs.: the exchange students are exempted from the fees (registration, tuition fee).
The UDESC does not offer accommodation for exchange students. However, the International Cooperation Office gives support to look for possibilities of accommodation in all Colleges located in different State cities.
1. Fill out the application form and the studying plan;
2. Attach the follow documents: Photo 3x4; Photocopy of passport and identity, proof of registration at the university, transcripts records.
3. Sent these documents to your international office. A digital copy of the application must be send for firstname.lastname@example.org and the original documents your office must send for the follow address:
4. Mrs. Lorieti Luz
Students Mobility Coordinator
UDESC - Santa Catarina State University
SCII - International and Interinstitutional Cooperation Office
Avenida Madre Benvenuta, 2007 – Itacorubi - 88035-001
Florianópolis / Santa Catarina
5. Wait for the return of the Letter of Acceptance, necessary for your visa;
6. After arriving the student must go to the Federal Police to solicit the necessary documents for his stay in Brazil;
7. If the student gives up of his program, please notify the SCII as soon as possible by e-mail (email@example.com).
Further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.